Ma Te mahi ka tino ora - (Work brings health, Maori Proverb)
Job Quest Employment Service is a free and confidential service.
We work together with you to find the employment of your choice.
We can help you to discover what job you want and support you on your journey towards your chosen career.
We will listen and work with you to identify your skills, experience and preferences.
What we offer:
We help to;
- Decide on a career that suits you and your skills.
- Build a good profile of yourself for your CV.
We help with;
- Interview skills, Cold calling, Cover letters, Job applications.
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities as an employee.
- CV writing, Linking with other services.
Assistance when you are in work:
- Understanding employment contracts.
- Employer negotiations.
- Settling into work.
- With performance issues.
- Adjusting to the working environment.
- Communication(s) at work.
Do you want:
- To learn about work ethics and what employers want?
- To learn how to manage any mental health concerns in the workplace?
- Employment coaching and advice?
- Ongoing support to get and keep a job?
We help people who:
- Want to work.
- Need help getting into the workforce.
- Have a mental illness.
- Want to find, get and keep a job.
Benefits of work:
- Keeps us busy.
- Gives us a sense of pride, identity and personal achievement.
- Enables us to socialise, build contacts and find support.
- Provides us with money to support ourselves and explore our interests.
- Our physical and mental health is generally improved through work.
- Improves your financial position, and as such gives you greater control over choices in life.
- Increases your confidence and self-esteem.
- Increases your activity, both mentally and physically.
I’m scared of getting a job or going back to work!
Many fears and questions can arise when contemplating the idea of going back to work or obtaining a new job.
- Will my workload be too much?
- How will I cope?
- Will work colleagues gossip about me?
- Am I about to face discrimination?
- Will work trigger a relapse or in fact worsen my condition?
These fears and worries can at times snowball! It’s enough to be recovering or trying to cope with a mental health condition without all of the worries on top of it!
However, most fears are really just that, fears. Though they can be overwhelming, the reality is, there are things that can be done to ensure a smoother transition back into work or change jobs to reduce these fears quite substantially.
Job Quest can help you work through these fears.
We will plan plenty of support to make sure you can deal with situations that may arise.
Job Quest Process
1. Book an appointment with Donna to join Centre 401 Trust.
2. Meet with a Job Quest worker to find out more about us then decide if you want to work with us to find work.
3. We will get to know each other and find out about you and what support you will need to get a job.
4. Together we will look at career and the job options you want to pursue.
5. We will work together to create a career plan and work plan.
6. We will work together to create a CV, and practice job applications, cold calling and interview skills if needed.
7. We will support you to apply for jobs.
8. You land a job.
9. Together we can check over employment agreement and negotiate your job roles and working conditions with your employer.
10. We can support you and your employer for as long as needed to keep things working well with your job.
You can call and make an appointment with a Job Quest Worker to find out more about what we do by;